Watermelon Vodka Sparkler
This fruit-based patriotic drink is an alternative to drinks with artificial colors and lots of sugar.
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound seedless watermelon cubes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 8 ounces vodka
- 18 ounces club soda
- 6 toothpicks
- 18 blueberries
- 6 slices starfruit
- Blend watermelon, lime juice and sugar in a blender until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve. Store refrigerated until ready to use.
- Thread 3 blueberries on each toothpick; top with a slice of star fruit. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a pitcher combine watermelon juice, vodka and club soda. Pour into serving glasses and garnish with fruit pick.
- Tip: To make one drink combine 2 ounces of watermelon juice, 1½ ounces of vodka and 3 ounces of club soda. Garnish with fruit pick. Watermelon juice can be stored refrigerated for up to 2 days.