Breakfast for dinner is a fun way to change things up, and making omelets allows for each family member to have theirs as they like. This is also a wonderful way to make a “taco” gluten-free…no tortilla required! Let your creative side show by trying a variety of savory fillings.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tablespoon Simple Truth Organic™ Filtered Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 pound Simple Truth™ Emerge Plant-Based Grind
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups Kroger® Recipe Beginnings 3 Pepper & Onion Blend
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Whole Kernel Corn
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Mexican Style Blend Finely Shredded Cheese
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped and divided
- 1⁄2 cup Private Selection™ Medium Roasted Taqueria Style Salsa
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the protein, using a whisk to break up the chunks. Add the chili powder and ½ teaspoon of salt. Drain and set aside. Wipe pan clean to use for vegetables. Prep ahead of time, if desired, and keep in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
- Heat another teaspoon of the olive oil in the same skillet. Add the peppers and corn and sauté to brown slightly. Add to the cooked protein.
- Whisk the remaining salt into the beaten eggs and add 2 tablespoons of the chopped cilantro to the egg mixture. Brush a nonstick omelet pan with the remaining olive oil and heat until a drop of water sizzles when dropped in the pan. Pour in ¼ of the egg mixture and swirl slightly to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently lift the edges of the set egg to allow loose egg to flow underneath and cook. Continue this process until there is no visible loose egg on the surface of the omelet.
- Make a line of the filling and cheese in the center of the omelet, then use the spatula to gently fold the omelet onto a serving plate. Serve with additional cilantro, salsa and any other of your favorite taco toppings.
- Tip: This dish is also delicious when prepared with 1 pound of Simple Truth Organic™ Grass Fed Ground Beef.