Sweet and Tangy BBQ Grilled Ribs
These ribs are grilled to perfection, then topped with a BBQ sauce that bourbon lovers will appreciate.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hour 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 racks baby back ribs (about 4½-5 lbs.)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 cup Kroger® Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon
- Fresh chives, to serve
- Prepare the grill for indirect medium heat. In a small bowl, combine the BBQ sauce and bourbon, then set aside.
- Remove the silverskin from the underside of the ribs.
- In a small bowl, combine the paprika, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the ribs. Place the ribs on the indirect heat, cover, then allow to cook for 30-40 minutes on each side.
- After the first 60-80 minutes, move the ribs to direct medium heat and cook 20-40 minutes longer, or until the ribs are tender.
- Once the ribs are tender, start basting the ribs with the BBQ sauce mixture. Once the BBQ sauce starts browning, flip and allow to brown on the other side, but keep a watchful eye on them so they don’t start to burn.
- The ribs are done once the meat starts pulling away from the ends of the bones. Pierce the meat with a fork, the fork should be easily pierced. Remove the ribs from the grill and place on a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut the ribs into sections, then serve with fresh chives.
- Refrigerate leftovers.