Strawberry Chicken Salad with Balsamic Glaze
This sweet and tangy balsamic glaze gives this salad a hit combination, and will become an amazing summer salad at your next party!
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutes
- 1 1⁄2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 chicken breasts, slightly flattened (about 1½ lbs.)
- Dash of salt
- Ground Pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved if too large)
- 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1 5 oz. bag spring mix salad
- In 1 quart saucepan, place balsamic vinegar and sugar over medium heat. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer until glaze is reduced by half, about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat grill pan or grill over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook 8-12 minutes turning once. Cover grill pan or grill and cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let set for about 5 minutes. Slice.
- Arrange spring mix, grape tomatoes, onions, strawberries and sliced chicken on platter. Sprinkle entire salad with balsamic glaze.
- Refrigerate leftovers.