Smoked Gouda and Apple Hasselback Chicken
Cut Hasselback-style then stuffed with smoked Gouda and apples, this chicken offers mouthwatering flavor with every forkful.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 (5 oz. each) chicken breasts
- Ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 4 slices Private Selection™ Smoked Gouda Sliced Cheese
- 1 large apple
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut cheese slices into 6 pieces each; set aside.
- Cut apple into quarters. Remove core. Cut each quarter into 6 pieces; set aside.
- Cut 6 vertical slits in each piece of chicken about ½” apart and about ¾ of the way down.
- Lightly coat chicken with olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Insert a slice of cheese and a few pieces apple into each slit in chicken.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers.