Sea Scallops and Steak Medallions with Beurre Blanc Sauce
Impress that special someone by making this surf and turf entrée. Add a green salad, chocolate dessert and candlelight for the perfect dinner.
Serves: 2Prep: 30 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 slices Kroger® Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1⁄2 pound beef tenderloin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 large sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon red bell pepper, finely chopped
- Heat a 10” heavy skillet over medium heat. Cook bacon in skillet 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet. Set aside.
- Remove 2 teaspoons of drippings from skillet.
- Meanwhile, cut beef in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 3 equal pieces. With flat side of meat mallet or with rolling pin, gently flatten each piece of beef to 1” thickness. Season beef with half the salt and half the pepper.
- Heat skillet with remaining drippings, over medium-high heat. Place beef pieces in hot skillet. Sear 4-5 minutes, turning once during cooking, until outside is brown and inside is still slightly pink. Remove from skillet. Cover with foil; keep warm.
- Add the reserved 2 teaspoons bacon drippings to skillet. Heat on high. Add scallops in single layer, flat side down, and cook, without moving, until well browned, 1½-2 minutes. Turn and cook another 30-60 seconds until scallops are brown and cooked through. Remove from skillet. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- In same skillet over medium heat, cook and stir shallots 1 minute until brown. Add wine and tarragon. Cook 2 minutes longer until wine is reduced to about 2 tablespoons. Stir in cream and remaining salt and pepper.
- Divide half the wine sauce between two dinner plates. Arrange steak and shallots evenly between the dinner plates. Crumble cooked bacon over steaks and sprinkle red peppers over scallops.