Pomegranate and Ginger Paloma
This tequila-based drink is sure to be a crowd favorite this holiday season. The ginger and mint simple syrup ties flavors together and helps create a delightful beverage.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 fresh ginger, sliced into coins
- 6 mint leaves, plus more to garnish
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 cup tequila
- 2 cups grapefruit-flavored soda
- Pomegranate seeds, to serve
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the water, honey and ginger. Simmer 2-3 minutes, then add the mint leaves and cover. Allow to steep 10-15 minutes, then strain out ginger and mint.
- In a pitcher, combine the syrup, pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, lime juice and tequila. Before serving, top with soda and serve over ice with fresh mint and pomegranate seeds. Refrigerate leftovers.