Pear and Bourbon Pie
This pie has it all. Tender pears, warm fall flavors, buttery crumble topping and an extra kick from the bourbon!
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 50 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Kroger® Rolled Pie Crust
- 5 cups pears, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out pie crust and place in a 9” pie plate. Crimp the edges of the pie with a finger or fork.
- In a large bowl, add the pears, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons sugar; coat pears completely. Add brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, ginger, cardamom, allspice, ½ teaspoon salt, bourbon and vanilla extract. Toss gently to coat pears completely. Pour pear mixture into crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, oats and ¼ teaspoon salt. Cut in the butter cubes until mixed and small crumbles occur. Sprinkle mixture over pears.
- Bake 50-55 minutes, until browned and bubbling. Allow to cool at room temperature, then serve with whipped cream or ice cream.