Paleo Plantain Nachos
To keep these nachos paleo-friendly, be sure to find plantain chips that are cooked in coconut or avocado oil. Or, try making your own by thinly slicing green plantains and roasting or frying until crisp.
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large ripe avocados, split in half with pit removed
- 2 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 1⁄4 salt, divided
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 pound Simple Truth Organic™ 85% Lean Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 10 oz. paleo-friendly plantain chips
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a bowl, mash together avocados, red onion, ½ of the jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro and ¼ teaspoon salt. Adjust seasoning to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and remaining 1 teaspoon salt, breaking into pieces. Cook until browned and no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- Add paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and ¼ cup water. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until spices are fragrant and water has evaporated.
- Spread plantain chips on a serving platter. Top with ground beef, chopped tomatoes and remaining jalapeno. Finish with remaining cilantro and dollops of guacamole.
- Refrigerate leftovers.