Paleo Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Caesar salad is a classic, and this version recreates those classic flavors in a paleo way. Homemade dressing that’s extra creamy and loaded with paleo-friendly ingredients makes this salad one the whole family will ask for.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. pepper
- 1⁄4 cup paleo mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved or sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- Heat grill to medium heat. Rub chicken breasts with oregano, olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Place on grill over direct heat. Cook 8-10 minutes on each side, until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from grill and allow to rest slightly, then slice into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor add mayonnaise, coconut milk, lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and capers. Blend until smooth.
- In four serving bowls or one large serving bowl, divide romaine, eggs, avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, bacon and chicken into each bowl. Drizzle with dressing.
- Serve and refrigerate leftovers.