One-Pot Tortellini with Sweet Potato and Kale
Pre-made tortellini and frozen, diced sweet potatoes make for an unforgettably delicious and incredibly easy one-pot meal!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 Simple Truth Organic Sweet Potatoes
- 5 cups chopped kale, rinsed
- 1 (10 oz.) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, or using your Instant Pot® sauté function, heat avocado oil. Cook garlic, onion and rosemary, stirring frequently, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add sweet potato; continue cooking, stirring occasionally 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add kale; continue cooking 2 minutes.
- Mix in tortellini, vegetable broth, heavy cream, sea salt and black pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until pasta is al dente. Top with ⅓ cup parmesan cheese.
- Serve with remaining cheese on side.