Lobster Mac and Cheese
This restaurant favorite can be made at home. Ask the seafood counter for cooked lobster or steam 2 lobster tails. The secret to a super smooth cheese sauce is removing the sauce from the heat before stirring in the cheese.
Serves: 2Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 ounces Private Selection™ Cavatappi pasta
- 4 tablespoons Kroger® Butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper or ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 ounces Kroger® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 2 ounces Murray’s® Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces Murray’s® Gouda Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, pulled into medium pieces
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Butter 1-1½ quart casserole.
- Cook cavatappi according to package direction and drain.
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in cheeses until melted and smooth. Stir in cooked pasta and lobster meat.
- Heat on low, just until heated through. Spoon into buttered shallow 1-quart casserole.
- In small microwavable bowl, heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter on high power for 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in panko. Spoon panko over mac and cheese.
- Place casserole 6” from broiler. Broil 30-60 seconds or just until golden brown.