Keto Grapefruit Mimosa Chicken
Cheers to spring and to chicken that’s baked in Champagne.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts, skin on
- 2 grapefruits, divided
- 8 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups Champagne
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut 1 grapefruit in half and then into slices. With fingers, carefully loosen the skin from the chicken breast. Place grapefruit slices and rosemary under the skin. Combine the butter, garlic, pepper, salt and onion powder and rub over chicken breasts. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the Champagne, onions, broth and ½ cup juice from grapefruit and pour into pan with chicken. Continue baking until a thermometer reads 165°F. Cover loosely with foil if chicken browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
- For gravy, pour pan drippings into a saucepan. In a small bowl, whisk together the xanthan gum and 1 tablespoon of the gravy mixture to create a paste. While whisking fast, add xanthan gum mixture to the gravy to prevent lumps from forming and bring to a boil. Cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Serve with chicken.
- Refrigerate leftovers.