Jack-o'-Lantern Spinach Dip Bread Bowl
This creamy spinach dip, served in a bread bowl, makes a delightful Halloween snack. It can be served chilled, at room temperature or warmed in the oven for an appetizer everyone will love.
Serves: 15Prep: 1 hour 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 loaf bread (about 1 lb.)
- Fresh vegetables, to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese, spinach, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Allow to refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- If bread is tough, allow to warm in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Cut a hole around the top of the bread, then hollow out the inside and tear the bread from the inside into bite-sized pieces. Carve a Jack-o'-Lantern face into the front of the bowl.
- Spoon the chilled spinach dip into the bread bowl. Serve with the bread and fresh vegetables.