Gruyère Mushroom Tartlets
Rich, flavorful ingredients offer an exceptional dining experience with this cheesy, flaky tartlet.
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 3 packages Private Selection™ Golden Shiitake Mushrooms, thinly sliced (about 1 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry dough, thawed per directions
- 1 cup gruyère, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt, for seasoning
- Pepper, for seasoning
- Sauté mushrooms in butter, stirring occasionally, until they’re soft and the liquid has evaporated, about 15–20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a lightly floured surface, unfold the puff pastry. Cut out approximately 3” round circles from dough.
- Place them, evenly spaced, onto parchment-lined baking sheets and use the tip of a paring knife to create small scores around the perimeter of the dough, about ¼” from the edge. Be sure not to cut all the way through.
- Top the pastry rounds with a spoonful of mushrooms, keeping the filling within the scores. Top with finely grated gruyère and thyme.
- Beat egg with water, then brush the edges of the pastries with egg wash. Sprinkle rounds with salt and pepper, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake until cheese is melty and pastries are golden-brown, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately, refrigerating any leftovers.