Grilled Nectarine Caprese Salad
For a sweet and summery twist on caprese salad, swap tomatoes for freshly grilled nectarines.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 nectarines, ripe but firm, cut into ¼” slices
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into ¼” slices
- Fresh basil, cut into thin strips, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh-cracked black pepper
- Private Selection™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Private Selection™ Balsamic Glaze
- Oil grill grates and heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill nectarines 4-6 minutes, turning once, until grill marks appear.
- Assemble salad by placing grilled nectarines and cheese on plate. Sprinkle with basil, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze. (Tip: cutting the mozzarella slices into quarters or thirds will more closely match the size of nectarine slices.)
- Refrigerate leftovers.