Grilled Filet Mignon and Lobster Tail with Herbed Butter
Homemade herb butter is melted on mouthwatering filet mignon and lobster tail for the perfect surf and turf meal. Serve this on a special Valentine’s day dinner with a loved one at home.
Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon + ½ tsp. salt, divided
- 2 filets (8 oz.) mignon steaks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tails (3 oz.) lobster
- 2 wooden skewers, soaked in water
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, lemon juice, shallots, chives, parsley, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt. Form butter into a 1” log and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm and ready to use.
- Cut butter into four medallions and set aside. Heat grill to 450°F-500°F for direct and indirect heat
- Rub steaks with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook over direct heat for 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes, then place on indirect side. Continue cooking 8-10 minutes, until desired doneness. Set aside to rest and place a butter medallion on each steak.
- Place lobster tails on a cutting board with hard shell facing up. Carefully cut the shell starting ½” from the tail, working toward the side that is open with meat. Take care not to cut all the way through the other side.
- Gently open the shell to expose the meat. Remove any shell that may break from the meat. Slide skewers into the base of the meat, then drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lobster tails on the grill, meat side down, and cook over direct heat for 5 minutes, until it gently pulls away from the grill without sticking. Flip tails and grill 3-5 minutes, until an internal temperature reaches 135°F. Top each with a butter medallion.
- Serve steaks with lobster tails. Refrigerate leftovers.