Grilled Cod Tacos with Mango & Avocado
Cilantro lime marinated cod grills up quickly for a fresh take for taco night.
Serves: 4Prep: 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped and divided
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 package (12 oz.) Kroger® Wild Caught Boneless & Skinless Pacific Cod, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup mango, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 8 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a gallon zip-top food bag combine olive oil, 2 tablespoons of cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, lime zest, garlic and ¾ teaspoon salt. Mix to combine, add fish. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In small bowl mix together mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, remaining cilantro, lime juice and salt; set aside.
- Oil grill grates well. Remove fish from marinade and place on the grill. Cook 6-8 minutes, carefully flipping once, until fish flakes easily and internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove from grill and flake into large pieces.
- Quickly grill tortillas until lightly charred, wrap in a towel to keep warm.
- To assemble tacos, add cabbage to each tortilla, top with flakes of cod and a spoonful of mango and avocado salad.
- Refrigerate leftovers.