Flourless Chocolate Cake with Sweet Wine Sauce and Fresh Berries
This cake has a beautiful presentation, with a gooey center and a crunchy outside.
Serves: 12Prep: 15 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter, plus additional for pan
- 1 bag (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cabernet sauvignon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat the bottom and sides of a 9” springform pan with butter. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper, and coat with butter.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a microwavable bowl. Stir and let cool.
- Combine eggs and 1¼ cup sugar in a large bowl and beat for 8-10 minutes. Add vanilla. Fold in the melted chocolate, stirring well until completely combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 40-50 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around the inside of the pan. Loosen sides to release cake and continue to cool cake.
- Combine wine and remaining 1 cup sugar in a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat until sugar dissolves and sauce thicken, around 20-30 minutes. Stir in fresh lemon juice.
- Drizzle wine sauce over cake and top with fresh berries.