Coconut Apricot Macaroons
These macaroons have a tender crisp exterior and a moist chewy inside.
Serves: 18Prep: 15 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup dried apricots, diced and divided
- 1/2 cup melting chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites and salt in a medium bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is stiff.
- Add vanilla, coconut and ½ cup dried apricots and stir until combined.
- Scoop the macaroons into 1” balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Melt chocolate discs and add to a zip top bag. Cut a small corner from bag and drizzle across tops of macaroons. Top with additional apricots.