Chopped Wheat Berry Salad
Chewy wheat berries, crunchy fruits and veggies and soft mozzarella cheese are coated in a tangy homemade dressing. This hearty salad has an OptUP score of 81, making it perfect for lunch or dinner.
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, sliced or halved
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup petite medley tomatoes, halved
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In Instant Pot, combine wheat berries, water and salt. Secure lid; seal valve. Pressure cook on high 35 minutes; quick release;. Drain wheat berries; reserve in bowl.
- Mix in red onion, cucumber, carrots, red cabbage, cheese, tomatoes, mandarin orange and avocado.
- In resealable jar, shake together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard and honey. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to combine.