Chocolate Walnut Rugelach
Chocolate, walnuts and a dash of cinnamon make the perfect filling for flaky rugelach.
Serves: 24Prep: 30 minutesCook: 1 hour 50 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces Kroger® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels
- 6 tablespoons Kroger® Walnut Pieces, finely chopped
- Powdered sugar, if desired
- In a bowl, beat butter, cream cheese, vanilla and salt together until creamy. Add flour; mix on low, until just combined. Divide dough in half and roll each half into a ball. Wrap each dough ball in plastic and refrigerate them at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- Roll one dough ball out into a 9”-diameter circle. Brush it with about a tablespoon of butter, then cover it with 2 Tbsp. cinnamon-sugar mixture, ¼ cup chocolate and 3 Tbsp. walnuts. Cut covered dough into 12 wedges.
- Starting at the wide end of each, roll wedges up and transfer them to paper-lined pans. Place each roll so that the tip is underneath.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with remaining dough and filling ingredients.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, until bottoms of rugelach are golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.