Chicken Tinga Tostadas & Chili Mango Margaritas
Piled high with bacon-infused refried black beans, smoky chicken tinga and garden-fresh toppings, these tostadas give new, delicious life to leftover or rotisserie chicken.
Serves: 4Prep: 40 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion, divided
- 2 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) black beans, undrained
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Kroger Brand Chili Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 whole chipotle pepper in adobo
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups Simple Truth™ Rotisserie Chicken, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 5-6” tostada shells
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cotija cheese
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup torn cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, for serving
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped ripe mango
- 2 1⁄2 cups orange juice
- 3 1⁄2 ounces lime juice
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 6 ounces tequila
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, or to taste
- Ice, for shaking
- 2 teaspoons Kroger Brand Chili Powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 lime wedges
- For the tostadas, in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sauté ¼ cup onion and bacon 4-5 minutes, until bacon is crispy and onion is softened and starting to brown. Mix in black beans and black bean liquid; continue cooking 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly.
- Using potato masher or wooden spoon, mash beans until mixture is thick and creamy. Season with 1½ teaspoons salt. Remove pan from heat. Cover to keep warm.
- In large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cook ¾ cups onion 3-4 minutes, until softened. Add garlic; continue cooking 1 minute, until fragrant. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano and chipotle pepper. Continue cooking 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, chicken broth and ½ teaspoon salt. Simmer 5-7 minutes, until liquid has started to reduce and vegetables are soft.
- Transfer tomato mixture to blender or food processor. Let cool. Carefully blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Return sauce to pan over medium-low heat. Fold in shredded chicken, making sure to coat evenly. Bring to simmer; cook 5 minutes, until chicken is hot. Stir in lime juice; season with salt to taste. Transfer chicken tinga to large bowl.
- Arrange tostada shell on plate. Spread with 2 tablespoons black beans. Top with ¼ cup chicken tinga, ½ tablespoon cotija cheese, 1 tablespoon red onion and ½ tablespoon torn cilantro leaves. Repeat with the remaining tostada ingredients. Serve with lime wedges.
- For the margarita, in high-powered blender, combine mango, orange juice, lime juice, triple sec and tequila; blend on high speed until completely smooth. Add maple syrup to taste.
- On small plate, mix together chili powder and salt. Using lime wedges, wet rims of each glass; dip into chili-salt until coated. Turn glasses right side up. Use fingers to sprinkle some salt on the inside of each glass, tilting and rotating glass to coat evenly.
- Working in batches if needed, use ice-filled cocktail shaker to shake mango margarita mixture 2-3 minutes, until very cold.
- Strain between prepared glasses. Serve immediately.