Caprese Grilled Cheese
A fun twist on a classic, this caprese grilled cheese is the perfect lunch for any time of year!
Created by: Jennifer @ Show Me the Yummy
Serves: 1Prep: 10 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites
- 5 slices roma tomato
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- Salt, to taste
- 2 slices Private Selection™ Sweet Hawaiian Bread
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Bake 4 Farm Rich Mozzarella Bites according to package directions.
- Using a glass, smash the bites down until approximately ½”. See video for visual. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together tomatoes, oil, vinegar, garlic and salt, to taste. Set aside.
- Spread pesto on one side of each piece of bread, and top one side with smashed mozzarella bites and tomatoes. Top with remaining piece of bread. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat, then place sandwich in pan and cook until golden brown.
- Flip and continue cooking until the other side is golden brown and the sandwich is warm.
- Slice and serve!
- *If your bread gets golden before the inside is warm, you can heat sandwich in a 375°F oven for 5-10 minutes.