Candy Corn Treats
Get your candy corn fix with this Rice Krispies® version of the iconic candy, creatively crafted with cereal and vibrant food coloring.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz.) marshmallows OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Orange and yellow food coloring
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows, stir until melted, then remove from heat.
- Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Divide mixture into three separate bowls with 3 cups, 2 cups and 1 cup of mixture respectively. Add yellow food coloring to the 3-cup mixture and orange food coloring to the 2-cup mixture. Leave third bowl of mixture uncolored.
- Starting with uncolored mixture, press into center of a coated, 9” round pan using a buttered spatula or wax paper, forming a circle. Next, press the orange mixture into a ring surrounding the uncolored center and then press the yellow mixture into the outer ring of the pan.
- Allow to set, then cut into 12 wedges.