Breakfast Hash Brown Pizza
Pizza for breakfast? No, we’re not talking about cold leftovers. This hash brown pizza is a fresh, unique and delicious way to enjoy your morning meal.
Created by: Tasty
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bag (20 oz.) Simply Potatoes™ Shredded Hash Browns
- 4 Kroger Brand Traditional Pork Sausage Patties
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 4 eggs
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On parchment-lined baking sheet, spread hash browns into an even oval shape and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and bake for 15 minutes, until top begins to brown slightly. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In skillet over medium heat, cook sausage patties all the way through, about 3 minutes per side. Let cool, then dice.
- In same skillet, sauté diced red onion until soft, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread mozzarella over hash browns and top with sausage, red onion and diced tomato. Crack eggs over top, cover tray with aluminum foil* and bake 15 minutes, or until eggs are cooked.
- Sprinkle cooked pizza with scallions and arrange avocado slices.
- *Do not let foil touch top of pizza. If foil touches the top of the pizza, tent it using small glass jars at the corners of the tray.