Blueberry and Cranberry Galette
When you want to end your meal on a fresh note, a gorgeous galette stuffed with ripe berries is a great choice.
Serves: 8Prep: 40 minutesCook: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons plus ½ tsp. sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries
- 1 egg, beaten
- Coarse sugar, for garnish
- Place 1¼ cups flour, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon sugar in a food processor; pulse to combine. Add butter cubes and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cold water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough holds together.
- Form the dough into a ball, then roll into a 12” circle and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate while preparing the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch, cardamom and 3 tablespoons sugar. Add the blueberries and cranberries to the bowl and toss gently to evenly coat. Mound the blueberry mixture in the center of the dough, leaving a 2”-3” border around the edges of the circle. Fold dough edges over the blueberry mixture, overlapping where necessary and pinching dough together to hold. Refrigerate galette for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush the egg on the edges of galette and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until crust is golden brown. Brush with melted butter, if desired. Allow to cool slightly, then serve.