Blackberry and Ginger Mulled Red Wine
This mulled wine smells just like Christmas. It carries hints of star anise and warm cinnamon, perfect for a holiday evening with friends and family.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bottle (750mL) red wine
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 star anise pods
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds
- 1 fresh ginger, sliced into rounds
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- In a medium saucepan, combine the red wine, blackberries, cloves, star anise, cinnamon sticks, orange slices, ginger and brown sugar. Bring to a low simmer and cook 30 minutes, careful not to boil. Remove spices before serving.
- Serve warm with blackberries and orange slices.