Apple & Honey Galette
Celebrate wishes for a sweet new year with this perfect Rosh Hashanah recipe pairing of apple and honey!
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter or margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 3 large baking apples, peeled, quartered, and cored
- 2 tablespoons Kroger® Clover Honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In the bowl of a food processor combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse a few times to combine. Add butter and pulse until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of water and blend until dough just holds together; add additional water if need to form dough. Flatten dough into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Roll dough out to 14” circle and transfer to prepared pan.
- Cut apples into ¼” thick slices. In a mixing bowl, toss apples with honey and lemon zest. Arrange apples in concentric circles on the pastry dough, leaving about 2” around the outside clear.
- Fold pastry edges over the apple filling, leaving the center exposed. Bake 30-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Drizzle with additional honey. Serve warm or at room temperature.