Air Fryer Paleo Salmon Nuggets with Dill Pickle Dipping Sauce
These easy salmon nuggets are a tasty and fun dinner idea. The air fryer gives them a nice crisp exterior without the hassle of oil-frying.
Serves: 4Prep: 20 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish or finely chopped dill pickles
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 12 ounces Kroger Brand Farm Raised Boneless Atlantic Salmon, thawed, skins removed and cut into rough chunks
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup almond flour, divided
- Avocado oil spray
- Heat air fryer to 375°F.
- In small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, dill pickle relish and ¼ teaspoon garlic powder.
- In food processor, combine salmon pieces, egg, salt, paprika, onion powder, ¼ cup almond flour and remaining ½ teaspoon garlic powder. Pulse until salmon resembles ground meat. Do not over mix.
- Divide mixture into 12 to 14 nugget-like shapes. Coat outside of each with remaining ¾ cup almond flour.
- Spray both sides of nuggets with avocado oil spray; place in air fryer basket. Cook, flipping halfway through, 9 to 12 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Serve nuggets with dipping sauce.
- Refrigerate leftovers.