Vitacost Vitamin D3 Mini Gels 5000IU
What is Vitamin D? Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in very few food sources. Its functions in the body are wide ranging, from contributing to bone health to supporting immune function.* Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is the same form of vitamin D that the body manufactures when skin is exposed to ultraviolet (UV) sunlight. Vitamin D3 may be more than three times as effective in raising concentrations of vitamin D in the bloodstream and maintaining those levels for a longer time than other forms of supplemental vitamin D.*
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Vitamin D3 Mini Gels?
- Contributes to bone strength as proper levels create optimum conditions for bone formation*
- Supports proper functioning of the immune and nervous systems*
- Promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium*
- Supports fetal skeletal development and tooth enamel formation*
- Contributes to healthy levels of phosphorus in the body*
- Adequate calcium and vitamin D intake throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis by slowing the rate of bone loss for people with a family history of the disease, post-menopausal women and elderly men and women
Why is Vitacost® Vitamin D3 Mini Gels your everyday essential?
- Supplies 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 per serving
- Features the preferred form of vitamin D, identical to the type manufactured naturally by the body when skin is exposed to UV sunlight.
- An ideal way to obtain vitamin D, as few foods contain vitamin D in sufficient quantity to meet Daily Value levels
- Contains 100 servings per bottle
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.