Vitacost Synergy Super Bone Plus*
What is Super Bone Plus*?
Super Bone Plus* is a combination formula providing key nutrients to support bone health, including calcium, magnesium, vitamins D and K and more.*
Unlike other bone-health formulas, which contain calcium derived from rock (limestone), Super Bone Plus* is made with a unique calcium complex derived from a whole-food, plant (cultivated algae) source. While limestone calcium is hard, and more difficult for the body to digest, plant-based calcium is porous, so it’s more easily broken down and utilized by the body. The complex also includes nutrients that support calcium’s actions, including vitamin D and magnesium, as well as other vitamins and minerals known to play a role in bone health.*
What are the key benefits of Synergy Super Bone Plus*?
- Many people do not meet current recommendations for calcium intake through diet alone or with supplements. Adequate calcium and vitamin D intake throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis by slowing the rate of bone loss for people with a family history of the disease, post-menopausal women and elderly men and women.
- Calcium is an essential ingredient of bone that must constantly be replenished.*
- Vitamin D contributes to bone strength as proper levels create optimum conditions for bone formation.*
Vitamin D promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium.*
- Magnesium contributes to calcium absorption.*
- Magnesium helps build strong bones by converting vitamin D to its active form and setting in motion key enzymes that stimulate bone cells.*
- Vitamin K is necessary for osteoblasts (bone-forming cells) to activate osteocalcin, a protein that binds calcium to bones.* Therefore, adequate amounts of vitamin K make certain that calcium is properly delivered to bone and that arterial health is maintained.*
Synergy Super Bone Plus* is a targeted w