Vitacost ROOT2 Capros® Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
- Ancient Indian superfruit – among the most popular in Ayurvedic practice
- Made with premium Capros® standardized fruit extract
- Indian gooseberry is considered cooling, rejuvenating & strengthening
- 250 mg per serving
- 60 servings per bottle
Amla—also called amalaki or Indian gooseberry—is a tart-tangy, yellowish-green fruit that grow in clusters on the Phyllanthus emblica tree, native to India and the Middle East. Enjoyed steeped in salt water with turmeric (to reduce their sour taste), or added to pie, chutney, jelly, jam and candy, these tiny treasures are also dried and powdered for use in traditional Ayurvedic health practice.
In Ayurveda, Amla (Indian gooseberry) is…
- Known as the “nurse herb” because of its strengthening properties
- A key ingredient in triphala—a popular, triple-fruit rasayana (balancing, nourishing formula)
- Used to pacify vata, pitta and kapha—but is especially calming to pitta
- Thought to clear excess pitta from the digestive tract
- Used to balance agni, or digestive fire
- Used in skincare for anti-aging and brightening benefits
- Made into a paste or infused into oil for hair treatments (adds luster & shine)
ROOT2 Capros® Amla - Indian Gooseberry
The ancient, Eastern practice of Ayurveda takes a holistic approach to health, garnering the powers of nature to promote energy and peace within the body, mind and soul. ROOT2 Capros® Amlawas developed by an Ayurvedic practitioner, blending together time-tested herbs and plants to offer balance and wellbeing to the modern health seeker.
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.