Vitacost Psyllium Husks
What is Psyllium Husks?
Psyllium Husks is a fiber supplement supplying 2,625 mg of psyllium seed husks witih 80% fiber per 5-capsule serving. Psyllium is a type of plant from the genus Plantago. The outer coat, or husks, of its seeds contain mucilage—a gummy substance that expands into a thick, gel-like mass when mixed with water. The mass is not absorbed by the body, but rather passes smoothly and quickly through the digestive system.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Psyllium Husks?
- Psyllium slows absorption of foods and holds water, supporting healthy, normal bowel movements.*
- Supports proper elimination and normal bowel movements.*
- Promotes colon health.*
- When added to a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol, psyllium can help promote healthy cholesterol levels.*
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels within the normal range.*
Why is Vitacost® Psyllium Husks your everyday essential?
- Supplies 2,625 mg of psyllium seed husks with 80% fiber per 5-capsule serving
- Contains 40 serving per bottle
- Great value compared to other brands
NOTE: This supplement should be consumed with at least a full glass of liquid. Consuming this supplement without enough liquid may cause choking. Do not use this product if you have difficulty swallowing.
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY, effic