Vitacost Flax Seed Lignan Extract
What is Flax Seed Lignans?
Flax Seed Lignans is a high-quality extract of lignans from flax seed. Lignans are natural plant compounds that have been intensively studied for their phytoestrogenic effects.
Characteristic for phytoestrogens, lignans can weakly bind to estrogen receptors. A sufficient level of lignans can compete with natural estrogen for estrogen receptors, helping to balance estrogen levels. This basic mechanism has different effects in men and women.
The main lignan in flax is secoisolariciresinol diglucoside (SDG). When ingested, micro-organisms in the colon convert SDG into enterodiol and enterolactone, the so-called mammalian lignans. These are the body''s own active forms of lignans.
What are the key benefits of Vitacost® Flax Seed Lignan Extract?
- Can help modulate estrogen levels, thereby supporting some of the symptoms of menopause.*
- May support healthy cognitive function in women 20 to 30 years postmenopausal.*
- May support healthy bones.*
- Helps maintain prostate health.*
Vitacost® Flax Seed Lignan Extract is a targeted wellness solution - just for you.
- Supplies 40 mg of lignans per capsule.
- Features LinumLife, a high-quality, standardized source of flax seed lignans.
- Contains 120 servings per bottle.
- Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value.
Potency • Purity • Pride
All Vitacost® supplements are formulated to deliver the level of support you expect and deserve. Whether you’re shopping Vitacost® vitamins, minerals, herbs or other key nutrients, their potency is guaranteed – what’s on the label is what’s in the bottle. Plus, all Vitacost® supplements adhere to the FDA’s Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMPs), ensuring that they are manufactured to high standards of POTENCY, PURITY, efficacy and safety. We take