Vitacost Borage Oil
Borage (Borago officinalis) is an herb native to Syria. Borage flowers and leaves are edible. The seeds are often pressed to produce an oil rich in gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). GLA is an omega-6 unsaturated fatty acid normally used by the body to create prostaglandins.
- Omega-6 essential fatty acids are required for optimal health.*
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response.*
- May support healthy platelet function.*
- Supports healthy skin.*
- Supports healthy tear production.*
- May play a role in maintaining a healthy weight after weight loss.*
- Supports healthy gum tissue.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.