Jarrow Formulas Bile Acid Factors™
Bile Acid Factors™ consists of a mixture of highly concentrated bile acids (also called bile salts), mostly in the conjugated form, from the U.S. and/or New Zealand bovine/ovine bile.
- Bile acids are produced in the liver and then stored and concentrated in the gallbladder, from which they enter the small intestines via the bile duct.
- The major bile components in Bile Acid Factors are glycocholate and taurocholate, which are crucial for fat digestion and absorption.
- In the small intestine, bile acids emulsify fats to aid their absorption. Bile acid deficiency causes fat malabsorption and fatty stools (steatorrhea), indicated by diarrhea and floating stools. In addition, bile acid deficiency jeopardizes a person’s nutritional status by reducing the absorption of fat and fat-soluble nutrients.
- Conjugated bile acids have been shown in clinical trials to be effective in improving fat absorption and nutritional status.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ratings and Reviews
Ralphs is not responsible for the content provided in customer ratings and reviews. For more information, visit our Terms and Conditions.
ReviewsAverage Customer Rating4(3)5(2)4(0)3(0)2(1)1(0)