Peppermint Topiary Tree Holiday Craft
The topiary shape gives this whimsical tree a modern twist! One tree makes for a festive standalone decoration, but you can make a more striking display by grouping trees of various sizes in twos or threes, flanking them around a front entrance or lining them up along a walkway.
Bonus: Enlist the kids’ help! They can help unwrap all the peppermints and glue them to the polystyrene foam ball.
Things You'll Need:
- Wooden dowel
- Polystyrene foam ball
- Peppermint hard candies
- Bottle of washable school glue, or glue stick
- Red ribbon
- Planter or vase
- Floral foam (optional)
- Colored glass marbles or rhinestones (optional)
- Insert wooden dowel into polystyrene foam ball.
- Glue unwrapped peppermints to the ball, completely covering it.
- Wrap a red ribbon around the dowel and glue at the top and bottom to secure.
- Use floral foam to steady your new topiary tree in a festive planter or vase. Cover the floral foam with colored glass marbles or rhinestones—or with more (wrapped) peppermints!