Host a Virtual Party
When it comes to socializing, we’re definitely living a new normal. Thankfully, technology makes it possible for us to stay connected through video, phone calls and messaging. But instead of having a few separate calls here and there, why not throw a virtual party? It may seem strange at first, but getting your friends and family together virtually can be a great way to visit and have fun together. Just make sure everyone has all of the details they need, like the video platform you’ll be using, plus any necessary passwords. Then, get the party started!
Virtual Dinner Party
- Encourage your guests to make a special meal. Choose a theme for the food (like Mexican, barbecue or pizza), and agree to dress up in your finest or in costume. Do whatever sounds fun!
- When the party starts, everyone can take turns showing off and describing the food they’ve made. Though you can’t taste theirs, you can swap recipes and give each other tips. Enjoy your meal and make a toast, eat and chat as though you were all sitting around the table together.
Virtual Happy Hour
- Share a recipe for a signature cocktail ahead of time for everyone to make at home and enjoy together.
- Or, make it a virtual wine-tasting event. Have everyone bring out a bottle of wine to try during the tasting. Take turns describing the flavor of the wine and keep a list of favorites to try later.
Virtual Game Time
- Share an activity such as trivia, bingo, charades, Pictionary or Battleship and have snacks and drinks on hand while you play together. You could even do a sing-along or a dance-off. This is fun for adults, but is a great kid-friendly option, too.
Social distancing doesn’t mean we can’t have fun, and, in fact, letting loose and enjoying time together is more important than ever. Plus, with a virtual party, you don’t even have to clean the house beforehand!