Cinnamon Stick Candle Decor
Created by: Jamie Bare, The Crafting Chicks
Need a fun idea for a fall gift or fall décor? Grab some yummy-smelling cinnamon sticks and candles and make this pretty DIY candle. Try making a bunch and displaying them as a centerpiece this fall. Or make several for friend or neighbor gifts.
Things you’ll need:
- Fall-scented candle
- 3 or 4 cans of Kroger Cinnamon Sticks (or about 20 per candle)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue gun sticks
- Ribbon (that coordinates with your candle)
- Line up the cinnamon sticks in a line. You can choose if you want them closer together or with spacing. You will want to use about 20 cinnamon sticks per candle depending on the size of your candle. Then, cut your ribbon about 2’ long.
- Using hot glue, run glue along your ribbon (the length of your cinnamon sticks laid out). Place the ribbon, glue side down horizontally on top of the lined up cinnamon sticks. I like to have the ribbon run along the middle of the sticks. Then, press gently on the ribbon to adhere the glue to the sticks. Let it cool off and dry for 5 minutes.
- Now you can wrap your cinnamon sticks with ribbon around the candle. Place the sticks tightly around the candle. At the back tie the ribbon ends that meet. Tie a tight knot and cut off the excess ribbon.